Travel Agenda: Hope House, Oxfordshire; Mexican Day of the Dead; Oasis of the Seas
Saturday 31 October 2009
Hope House is an elegant new B&B in the town of Woodstock, Oxfordshire. Decadent suites in the Grade II-listed 18th-century building mix original stone fireplaces and period furniture with modern luxuries including Molton Brown toiletries and Smeg minibars filled with Blenheim Palace wines ( hopehousewoodstock.co.uk ).
Join in with the Mexican Day of the Dead festivities at the British Museum in London on Sunday. Decipher Aztec pictoglyphs, create papier mch skeletons, listen to Mariachi music, eat Mexican street food and watch the big parade (britishmuseum.org). Meanwhile, in Berlin a new spa hotel is opening on Friday. The Aspria is an urban retreat of sleek design and extensive wellbeing facilities ( aspria-hotel.com ).
In the diary...
Book a cabin on the world's largest cruise ship. Oasis of the Seas is launching in the Fort Lauderdale on 1 December and will feature a neighbourhood concept, an aqua theatre, park, sports zone and a clutch of loft-style suites ( royalcaribbean.co.uk/oasis ).
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...