Travel Agenda: La Plagne's igloo village; Europe's railways; solar eclipse
Saturday 12 December 2009
A new village of igloos is opening in La Plagne ( monvillageigloo.com ). If you can't make it to the Alps, The Berkeley hotel in London is opening a pine-filled forest cinema on the roof, until 31 January ( the-berkeley.co.uk ).
Europe's railways adopt new schedules tomorrow, with accelerated links between Milan and Rome; the fastest journey time is under three hours. A new rash of luxury hotels opens up, starting on Tuesday with the Royal Spa Kitzbuhel ( kitzbuehelroyalspa.com ), a chic retreat in the Tyrolean winter sports resort; and the Viceroy Anguilla ( viceroyanguilla.com ), a collection of beach villas on the west end coast.
In the diary...
A solar eclipse will cast much of Africa and Asia into momentary darkness on 15 January. Some of the best locations to witness the event are likely to be Kenya, South India, the Maldives and Sri Lanka.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...