Travel Agenda: Snowdrop Week;. W London; Dinosaurs Unleashed; Genghis Khan; Ryanair
Saturday 12 February 2011
Today: The Easton Walled Gardens reopen for Snowdrop Week in Lincolnshire. Visitors will be treated to a carpet of delicate white flowers along the riverbanks and on the forest floor, while talks are provided courtesy of the gardeners (
This week: On Monday, W London is unveiled in Leicester Square. The hotel is aiming to regenerate this insalubrious area of Soho with 192 rooms, a spa, South-east Asian restaurant, sleek bar and countless glitter balls ( wlondon.co.uk). Elsewhere in the city, Dinosaurs Unleashed opens at the O2 on Friday. The exhibition features life-size dinosaurs, a CGI prehistoric aquarium, fossil displays and talks ( dinosaursunleashed.co.uk). In Singapore, an ambitious exhibition on Genghis Khan is being staged at the new ArtScience Museum, from Friday ( marinabaysands.com/ArtScienceMuseum).
In the diary: Ryanair has announced that it will start flying to Rhodes from Stansted and Liverpool in April, adding a no-frills option to the charter flights already operating to the island ( ryanair.com).
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...