Trending: Get ready for the holiday of last resort
The Culture Secretary, Jeremy Hunt, launched a campaign yesterday encouraging us to forgo foreign jaunts this year in exchange for "staycations" within these shores.
To help sweeten the deal, hotels, tours and meals will all be subject to a (quite frankly awkward-to-calculate) 20.12 per cent discount.
Presumably Hunt and his Cabinet colleagues will be joining in, but where shall they go? Cleethorpes, Rhyl, or maybe Southend? Or perhaps George Osborne can persuade one of his mates to moor a yacht just off Redcar.
Whatever they choose, it is as yet unclear whether the 20.12 per cent discount will extend to the Grosvenor Hotel in Blackpool, dubbed the "worst hotel in Europe" after a Tripadvisor survey in 2009. Or indeed Wells in Somerset, which in 2010 was named the least holiday-friendly resort in the UK.
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
£21000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K & Uncapped Commission & Benefits: Flight Cent...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Flight Centre Limited: Exceptional opportunity for ...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Round The World Experts: L...