Virgin unveils new service to Las Vegas
Sir Richard Branson's airline Virgin Atlantic is to start Manchester to Las Vegas services, it was announced today.
The twice-weekly services, using Boeing 747 jumbo jets, will begin on April 3, 2011.
Virgin already flies to Las Vegas from Gatwick Airport in West Sussex.
Virgin's chief executive Steve Ridgway said: "We are delighted to be able to announce direct services from Manchester to Las Vegas.
"The decision to expand our Manchester flying programme underlines our commitment to flying to long-haul destinations from regional airports in the UK and these Manchester flights will be a great addition to our current services."
Manchester Airport managing director Andrew Cornish said: "This is a welcome addition to their services to Barbados and Orlando."
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
£12500 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This established Knaresborough ...
£23,000: Beverley James: Do you have a background in hospitality and are you l...
£26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The post holder is a key member of the V...
£18000 - £28800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Vehicle Breakdown Recovery Driv...