Old Street guide
'I took four tour groups around the station precincts this week on guided tours. We noted all the exits and gourmet features, some of us bought copies of the Big Issue. But, contrary to the impression given in your article, Steve the Shoe Repairer was not at all intimidating. Old Street station is a friendly place for groups to meet, eat and have their shoes repaired.' True: the Queen has a lot of things at Buckingham Palace - but not Steve the Shoe Repairer.
And more news from Old Street: Ruth Ling, the press officer at Inmarsat (which has the large glass building overlooking Old Street roundabout), says that her company is supporting a major project run by Islington council to improve the roundabout. 'Work under way includes cleaning up the subways and installing graffiti-proof linings and doors; improving security by installing television cameras in the underpass; and erecting an advertising structure above the roundabout, along with a glass sculpture and a canopy over one exit.'
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...