Ski British Columbia prize draw terms and conditions
Friday 09 September 2011
1. This prize draw is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except employees of The Independent, Ski Independence and Tourism British Columbia, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.
2. Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. Entries must be submitted via www.independent.co.uk/skibc and entry is restricted to one per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of despatch will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The winner will be drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date.
4. All entries must be received by midnight on Sunday 13 November, 2011.
5. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the prize draw. The winner must confirm acceptance of the prize within 30 days of being notified. In the event of the winner being unable to confirm their acceptance of the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions.
6. The prize as described is available on the date of publication.
7. One entrant will win a 7 night trip for two to ski Whistler, British Columbia, Canada, with Ski Independence. The winner and their guest must travel together at all times during their holiday. The prize includes World Traveller class return flights from London to Vancouver with British Airways; accommodation on a room only basis and the following itinerary:
- 2 adult return flights from London to Vancouver with British Airways in World Traveller
- 2 adult return shared transfers to Whistler Resort
- 7 nights accommodation for 2 adults at the 5 star Whistler Westin Resort & Spa in a Junior Suite (based on shared room, room only basis)
- 2 adult 6-day lift tickets to ski Whistler Blackcomb
- 2 adult high performance ski or board package rentals
All prize elements will be organized by Ski Independence.
8. The prize does not include travel in the UK or between airports or railway stations and hotels, travel insurance, food and drink personal expenditure and incidental costs other than those stated. It is the responsibility of the prizewinner to ensure they and their guest have a valid passport and travel insurance and obtain any necessary vaccinations and visas for their trip.
9. The prize is valid for travel from 5 January 2012 and all travel must be completed by 30 April 2012 and excludes 10 Feb – 25 Feb 2012 and25 Mar – 14 April 2012 inclusive.
The prize cannot be extended and once booked, cannot be amended. All elements of the prize are subject to availability, non transferable and there are no cash alternatives. The prize is subject to British Airways standard terms and conditions of carriage, which can be found at www.ba.com and to Ski Independence terms and conditions, which can be found here.
10. The winner may be required to participate in publicity.
11. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
12. The Independent is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the prize draw. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of Tourism British Columbia.
Promoter: The Independent
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Saneie Masilela, 9, marries Helen Shabangu, 53 years his senior, for the second time
- 2 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 3 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 4 Man takes most pointless Uber cab ride of all time
- 5 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...