Tips and deals of the week: Killy Nymphe down jacket, K2 fishing poles and 1000 miles ski socks
Sunday 25 November 2012
Killy Nymphe Down jacket
The fur trim might be faux but there's nothing fake about its 650-fill duck down insulation. The exterior materials are waterproof and breathable, and have a little stretch for a slimline, tailored look. (£550; killy.com).
K2 fishing poles
Be honest, do you really need ski poles made from carbon fibre? These all-aluminium poles are tough enough for everyday downhillers: lightweight, stiff and with secure rubber grips. A great pocket-money purchase (£25; k2skis.com).
1000 miles ski socks
This company guarantees no blisters or holes after 1,000 miles in its walking and running socks. These calf-length ski socks are just as well made, spun from an acrylic/wool/Lycra mix for comfort (£16; 1000mile.co.uk).
- 1 Pope Francis: Being an atheist is alright as long as you do good
- 2 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 3 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 4 'Something passed underneath us, quite close': Airbus A320 has close encounter with UFO
- 5 Lord of the Sings: Sir Christopher Lee, 91, to release heavy metal album
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.