Travel: Brochures of the week
First of all though, some cosseting. We are tactfully reminded of the advantages of staying in one hotel while our guests stay at another. We are also asked, tentatively, whether we want to spend our time "quietly enjoying each other's company" or whether we need the distraction of activities (to take our minds off what we have just done?)
Those thoughtful people who make Thomson brochures have remembered just about everything, including suggestions on how to pack the wedding dress, and the interesting information that the airline Britannia does not charge excess baggage for the carriage of wedding dresses. We are also reminded that our on-site wedding co-ordinator will arrange the wedding day hair appointment and other beauty treatments, as well as generally taking all the stress out of our lives.
And the wedding photos? There are plenty of pictures of brides with fake tans and impossible smiles in these pages, though the real-life Thomson couples (on pages 16-17) are reassuringly of our own planet.
To press the authenticity further, Thomson even gives us a detailed first- person account from a satisfied customer who married in the Dominican Republic.
At the end, by the way, the nasty small print of the legal requirements is listed not by bullet points but by tiny love hearts - just in case we forget that a marriage is supposed to be an affair of love.
Thomson brochureline: 01509 238238
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...
£40000 - £60000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£18000 - £35000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits & Uncapped Comm: Flight Cen...