Travel: On the trail of ...
Wednesday 12 June 1996
The link between British Airways and American Airlines, announced yesterday, is nothing new; in the early 1980s AA and BA shared ticket offices as well as marketing muscle. Since then, BA has been promiscuous in its selection of US partners - a failed romance with United Airlines led to the financial crash of 1989, and at present it is sharing flight codes with USAir, the airline for whom the adjective "troubled" was invented.
- 1 William Shakespeare's 450th birthday: 50 everyday phrases that came from the Bard
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Man gives barefoot bus passenger the shoes off his feet
- 4 50-year mystery of the ocean ‘quack’ finally solved by scientists
- 5 Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: Concerns grow among search officials that missing jet ‘may have landed somewhere else’
Ukip election posters: Nigel Farage defends 'racist' campaign anti-immigration campaign ahead of Europe elections
Ukip leader Nigel Farage defends employing German wife, at launch of anti-immigration poster campaign
Is Britain really a land of God? Furious debate after David Cameron claims we are a Christian country
An open letter to Nigel Farage: you may smile, but I am not seduced
'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
Nigel Farage: Calling Ukip’s posters ‘racist’ is yet another example of shameful Westminster evasion
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: If you have a passion for elephants and want ...