Around the UK
Sunday 07 October 2007
1. As part of World Space Week children can handle moon samples, hunt for a meteorite or help to build a comet. Until Wednesday, 10am-5pm, at Explore-at-Bristol (at-bristol.co.uk).
2. Download a self-guided Red Squirrel Walk and head to Mount Stewart in Northern Ireland, one of the top five places in the UK to spot this rare species this autumn (nationaltrust.org.uk).
3. On Wednesday, ride the Ravenglass and Eskdale, the longest and most spectacular steam railway in the Lake District, up to isolated Hardknott Fort, a dramatic Roman site normally inaccessible by road (ravenglass-railway.co.uk).
4. Head to the Steam Models Extravaganza at the Kew Bridge Steam Museum in Middlesex today, where there will be a variety of steam models on show, plus some to make and buy and children's competitions (kbsm.org).
5. Try your hand at the art of the smithy at a forthcoming Blacksmithing Experience Day, taking place from this Saturday at Blists Hill Victorian Town, Shropshire. Minimum age 16, booking is necessary (ironbridge.org.uk).
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...