Around the UK
Sunday 19 August 2007
1. Go to the International Slavery Museum, Liverpool (liverpoolmuseums.org.uk), which opens on Thursday, Slavery Remembrance Day.
2. You can join a giant bug hunt in the Parkland at Dalton Park in Durham (dalton-park.co.uk), hourly from 11am to 3pm.
3. Have a flutter at the End of Season Extravaganza at Royal Windsor Racecourse on Saturday (windsor-racecourse.co.uk).
4. Learn about batty behaviour on a bat walk in Fell Foot Park in Cumbria from Thursday (nationaltrust. org.uk).
5. Mingle with bad buccaneers and hateful highwaymen at today's Pirates! Of Land and Sea at Dover Castle and the Secret Wartime Tunnels in Kent (english-heritage .org.uk).
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
The 50 Best spas
Top 10 cheapest cities to visit, according to TripAdvisor
A commuter is getting revenge on First Capital Connect by Photoshopping its CEO's face every time his train is delayed
Simon Calder: Heathrow's Terminal 2, barely powered up and it's unfit for the job
Win a tailor-made trip to Graubünden, Switzerland’s No. 1 holiday destination
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
Voluntary, reasonable expenses reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Are you keen on...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...
£30K- £40K pa + Commision £10K + Benefits: Charter Selection: Rapidly expandin...