Around the UK
Sunday 19 August 2007
1. Go to the International Slavery Museum, Liverpool (liverpoolmuseums.org.uk), which opens on Thursday, Slavery Remembrance Day.
2. You can join a giant bug hunt in the Parkland at Dalton Park in Durham (dalton-park.co.uk), hourly from 11am to 3pm.
3. Have a flutter at the End of Season Extravaganza at Royal Windsor Racecourse on Saturday (windsor-racecourse.co.uk).
4. Learn about batty behaviour on a bat walk in Fell Foot Park in Cumbria from Thursday (nationaltrust. org.uk).
5. Mingle with bad buccaneers and hateful highwaymen at today's Pirates! Of Land and Sea at Dover Castle and the Secret Wartime Tunnels in Kent (english-heritage .org.uk).
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
Gatwick luggage crisis: More baggage delays expected as Swissport faces 'critical staff shortages'
Top 10 cheapest cities to visit, according to TripAdvisor
United Airlines pens least sincere apology letter of all time
Top 10 countries for cosmetic surgery procedures
Where not to visit if you love animals
- 1 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 Now diplomacy has failed, boycotting Israel might be the only way we can protect the people of Gaza
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Kelsey Grammer forgives the man who raped and murdered his sister in 1975
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare : Deerfoot IT Resources Limite...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: VB.NET a...