1. Go to the International Slavery Museum, Liverpool (liverpoolmuseums.org.uk), which opens on Thursday, Slavery Remembrance Day.
2. You can join a giant bug hunt in the Parkland at Dalton Park in Durham (dalton-park.co.uk), hourly from 11am to 3pm.
3. Have a flutter at the End of Season Extravaganza at Royal Windsor Racecourse on Saturday (windsor-racecourse.co.uk).
4. Learn about batty behaviour on a bat walk in Fell Foot Park in Cumbria from Thursday (nationaltrust. org.uk).
5. Mingle with bad buccaneers and hateful highwaymen at today's Pirates! Of Land and Sea at Dover Castle and the Secret Wartime Tunnels in Kent (english-heritage .org.uk).Reuse content