1. Dover Castle in Kent will echo to the sounds of the melodeon and bagpipes today for its Victoriana Music Day until 4pm ( www.english-heritage.org.uk).
2. A new exhibition at London's Kensington Palace from Wednesday will mark the 50th anniversary of the last debutantes ( www.hrp.org.uk).
3. Catch the Northern Rock Cyclone cycling festival in and around Newcastle next weekend ( www.northernrockcyclone.co.uk).
4. Keep the family on its feet as the Herefordshire Walking Festival sets off on Saturday ( www.walkingfestival.com).
5. Transe Express puts on a free show of pyrotechnics at Lake Windermere, Cumbria, on Saturday evening ( www.lakesalive.com).