1. Eyes to the skies over Strathaven Park, Scotland, today for the last launch of the Balloon Festival (pictured below). Enjoy sheepdog trials with ducks, a classic vehicle display and the world's largest hot air balloon, Piper, taking flight from 6pm ( strathavenballoonfestival.co.uk).
2. Audley End House and Gardens in Essex is putting on a variety of Victorian events this week. Today and tomorrow children can enjoy traditional games and races, music, dancing and flower fairy hunts. From Wednesday they can dress up and find out if they've got what it takes to live below stairs ( english-heritage.org.uk).
3. Forget the new Batman film: kids can get outdoors and learn how to be bat detectives on the Crom Estate in Co Fermanagh, Northern Ireland. Book your places on the batty walk, which takes place from 8.30pm on Thursday, to get in the know about these nocturnal creatures ( nationaltrust.org.uk).
4. Feel the force as the first ever More Bus Bournemouth Air Festival takes to the skies. The free aerial action is from Thursday, where you can catch the Eurofighter Typhoon and the Red Arrows ( bournemouthair.co.uk).
5. The pretty Cumbrian village of Kendal will be hosting the Mintfest International Street Arts Festival from Friday to Sunday, featuring 200 of the world's top performers, including a spectacular display from Dutch troupe Tuig ( mintfest.org).Reuse content