1. If you're struggling for solutions to school holiday boredom, head to the Kids Fun Ideas Show today, 10am to 4pm, at Manchester Central – a day of entertainment and workshops aimed at children aged two to 12 ( kidsfunideasshow.com).
2. Admire al fresco artwork when you pick up the North Norfolk Exhibitions Projects Sculpture Trail, open until 3 August. The 10-mile circular walk starts at Salthouse and goes through Holt and Kelling Heath ( readaboutnorfolk.co.uk).
3. Little Lewis Hamiltons can test their go-karting skills at Speed on Wheels, a festival of track-based fun, which continues at Bruntingthorpe Aerodrome, Leicestershire, today. ( speedonwheels.com).
4. Maggie Taylor's Alice in Wonderland opened this weekend at the National Trust's Fox Talbot Museum, in Lacock, Wiltshire. She has used scans of 19th-century artworks and layered them with her own photos for a new take on the classic tale ( nationaltrust.org.uk).
5. The RSPB is running a Wheelchair Ramble at its Conwy Reserve in Wales on Tuesday. The two-mile, mostly flat trail follows the Conwy river estuary and has views of Snowdonia ( north-wales-events.co.uk).Reuse content