1. Canary Wharf comes alive today with Dancing City, one of the events rounding off the Greenwich & Docklands International Festival. From 1pm to 5pm, its squares and outdoor spaces will be animated by performances that include a football-themed piece, Bend It (festival.org).
2. Visitors to York over the next few months will be greeted by framed masterpieces hanging in public places. The Grand Tour in York has placed replicas of 45 works of art from the National Gallery and York Art Gallery in the community to be enjoyed at leisure (thegrand tourinyork.org.uk).
3. Marwell Zoological Park, Winchester, will be buzzing tomorrow when Meridian Beekeepers celebrate National Insect Week with seven days of apian activities. Watch honeybees in an observation hive and pick up beekeeping techniques (marwell.org.uk).
4. Northernhay Gardens at Exeter Castle will pulse to the promenade theatre show 'Arquiem' on Friday and Saturday nights. Haunting stilt-people and acrobats will perform an interpretation of Blake's 'Songs of Innocence and Experience' in Exeter Summer Festival's finale (exeter.gov.uk/festival).
5. Get kids into gladiator garb and join the two-day Military Spectacular at the Roman Legion Museum, near Newport in Wales, next weekend. March in the amphitheatre, step back in time in the Roman encampment or watch fighters battle to the death (museumwales.ac.uk).