1. London's Regent Street will close to traffic today as dancers attempt a new Guinness world record for a flamenco dancing display. From 12.30pm, a day of festivities will kick off the two-week A Taste of Spain 2008 event (tastespain.info).
2. Visitors to Combe Martin in North Devon today and tomorrow will be met by the sight of hundreds of people in costumes, chasing the masked Earl of Rone through the village in a centuries-old tradition (earl-of-rone.org.uk).
3. From this weekend until 1 June, the Centre for Alternative Technology in Powys, Wales is running a range of free-with-admission activities every day, including bug and slug hunts, solar-power experiments and a worm theatre (cat.org.uk).
4. The 90th anniversary of the end of the First World War is commemorated in a new family exhibition at the Imperial War Museum North, Manchester. Horrible Histories: Frightful First World War, based on the book by Terry Deary and illustrator Martin Brown, tells the stories of people touched by the war (iwm.org.uk).
5. Chiddingstone Castle, Kent, is holding three Egyptian activity days for families this week. Children can make an amulet necklace, write in hieroglyphs or build a pyramid tomb (chiddingstonecastle.org.uk), among other activities.Reuse content