1. Make a pit stop at London's Lower Regent Street today, when it will be transformed into an A1GP World Cup of Motorsport grid, between 11am and 5pm. Other highlights include interactive competitions (a1gp.com).
2. The world's largest chimpanzee enclosure, the Budongo Trail, opens at Edinburgh Zoo, Scotland, on Friday. Up to 40 chimps can enjoy three climate-controlled living pods and a huge outdoor climbing frame, while fun, interactive exhibits will educate visitors (edinburghzoo.org.uk).
3. The Manchester Museum is holding the May Big Saturday, a day of events for families to welcome back Lindow Man, the bog body discovered in Cheshire in 1984 (museum.manchester.ac.uk).
4. Margate Rocks 08 festival of contemporary visual art kicks off in Kent on Saturday and runs until 11 May, with lots of events to keep families busy. On Saturday, join artist and gardener Will Gould for Tiny Teeny Eco Worlds, a drop-in family workshop at the Art for All Gallery, where seeds and mud will be used (margate rocks.com/education).
5. The new exhibition at Ceredigion Museum and Art Gallery, Wales, is set to be a load of 'Rubbish!'. Launching on Sunday, it explores the history of waste disposal and recycling (ceredigion.gov.uk).Reuse content