1. Parachute games, giant skittles, den-building and recycled fashion are just some of the diversions on offer when the Museum of London hosts London PlayFest. This afternoon of family fun and physical play takes over indoor and outdoor museum spaces from 12.30pm-4.30pm today (museumoflondon.org.uk).
2. Muncaster Castle in Cumbria will be suffering fools gladly on Tuesday, when Tom Fool will be king of the castle for the day. He will show off his juggling, tomfoolery and fire-eating skills in a traditional April Fool's Day celebration of silliness (muncaster.co.uk).
3. Kids can create fashion accessories from recycled paper, straw and packaging on Tuesday, taking inspiration from the current exhibition at the Hitchin Museum in Hertfordshire at two workshops running from 10am-noon and 2pm-4pm (north-herts.gov.uk).
4. The Sage Gateshead hosts the Chinese Connections music festival from Friday to Sunday, where specific events for families include Chinese Crafts and Story Time, interactive performance 'Clear Moon Quiet Water', as well as free workshops and cookery on the concourse.
5. For a shear spectacle head to North Devon to watch the top six showjumping sheep compete in the Grand National Sheepstakes, which take place at family attraction the Big Sheep on Saturday (thebigsheep.co.uk).Reuse content