1. Get along to the family concerts at the CBSO Centre in Birmingham (cbso.co.uk) today at 2pm and 4.30pm. The Birmingham Contemporary Music Group and digital media company Braunarts will combine sound and images to engage young people with the world of contemporary classical music. Call 0121-767 4050 for tickets.
2. The spectacular show 'Afrika! Afrika!' opens on Thursday at the Tented Palaces on the O2 site in Greenwich, London (afrika-afrika.com). Music, dance and circus performances by artists from 17 nations will combine in a celebration of the continent.
3. At weekends and during holidays until 30 March, families can join Stella the Space Robot on her journey through the solar system in the Meet the Planets show at the Planetarium at Techniquest, Cardiff (techniquest.org). Take a close look at each planet and help Stella to find somewhere to live.
4. As part of the annual Celtic Connections music festival, Big Groove will be leading three percussion workshops aimed at different age groups on Saturday at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall (celtic connections.com). Children aged from four years old will be able to explore their natural sense of rhythm while older ones can have a go at the samba.
5. Some of the best representations of our natural environment will be on show at the Blue Planet Aquarium in Cheshire (blue planetaquarium. com) from Saturday. That's when the Shell Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition will open to the public (nhm.ac.uk/wildphoto).