1. A dedicated organic play area for under-fives opens on Monday with the launch of Toddlewood at Norfolk's tree-house adventure park, Bewilder-wood (bewilderwood.com).
2. From Wednesday, join in the Jemima Puddle-Duck Easter Egg Hunt, which takes place across Cumbria (golakes.co. uk/jemima). Download the map for hints on how to hunt down the 100 specially commissioned collectors' eggs dotted around outdoor spaces.
3. At the Signs and Symbols workshop at the Imperial War Museum in London, running daily from 1pm to 5pm, Friday to Monday, kids can create an artwork after exploring signs and symbols around the museum and in the Weapons of Mass Communication exhibition (iwm.org.uk).
4. Star-struck children will love the UK's largest digital planetarium, which opens at the Intech Science Centre in Winchester on Friday (intech-uk.com). State-of-the-art simulation will convince audiences they are travelling through the universe.
5. The new £6m Mutiny Bay is unveiled at Alton Towers in Staffordshire on Friday (alton-towers.com). Interactive water ride Battle Galleons, Marauders Mayhem and the Jolly Roger and Black Squall rides promise plenty of fun for potential pirates.