Around The UK
Sunday 27 April 2008
1. Make a pit stop at London's Lower Regent Street today, when it will be transformed into an A1GP World Cup of Motorsport grid, between 11am and 5pm. Other highlights include interactive competitions (a1gp.com).
2. The world's largest chimpanzee enclosure, the Budongo Trail, opens at Edinburgh Zoo, Scotland, on Friday. Up to 40 chimps can enjoy three climate-controlled living pods and a huge outdoor climbing frame, while fun, interactive exhibits will educate visitors (edinburghzoo.org.uk).
3. The Manchester Museum is holding the May Big Saturday, a day of events for families to welcome back Lindow Man, the bog body discovered in Cheshire in 1984 (museum.manchester.ac.uk).
4. Margate Rocks 08 festival of contemporary visual art kicks off in Kent on Saturday and runs until 11 May, with lots of events to keep families busy. On Saturday, join artist and gardener Will Gould for Tiny Teeny Eco Worlds, a drop-in family workshop at the Art for All Gallery, where seeds and mud will be used (margate rocks.com/education).
5. The new exhibition at Ceredigion Museum and Art Gallery, Wales, is set to be a load of 'Rubbish!'. Launching on Sunday, it explores the history of waste disposal and recycling (ceredigion.gov.uk).
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Canadian woman suing police who locked her in van with sex offender who then raped her
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Located on the stunning Sandban...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity to join a is a...