Around the UK
Sunday 08 June 2008
1. Dover Castle in Kent will echo to the sounds of the melodeon and bagpipes today for its Victoriana Music Day until 4pm (
2. A new exhibition at London's Kensington Palace from Wednesday will mark the 50th anniversary of the last debutantes ( www.hrp.org.uk).
3. Catch the Northern Rock Cyclone cycling festival in and around Newcastle next weekend ( www.northernrockcyclone.co.uk).
4. Keep the family on its feet as the Herefordshire Walking Festival sets off on Saturday ( www.walkingfestival.com).
5. Transe Express puts on a free show of pyrotechnics at Lake Windermere, Cumbria, on Saturday evening ( www.lakesalive.com).
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
The 50 Best spas
Iceland volcano: Travel agency has 'Volcano hotline' for dare-devil tourists who want to visit Bardarbunga if it erupts
Luton airport voted worst in Britain for second time running
August Bank Holiday 2014: Five ways to make the most of it
Contactless payment donkey rides are a thing now
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
£6000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus+Benefits+Package: Harrington Starr: Oracle 11...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Working with an exciting ...
£23,000: Sauce Recruitment: A global leader in sports and entertainment is now...