Around The UK
Sunday 10 August 2008
1. Exterminate! Twelve Daleks will invade the Fleet Air Arm Museum in Somerset today, between 10am and 5.30pm, led by the Black Dalek and flanked by Cybermen and Ice Warriors. Children are encouraged to come in fancy dress for An Audience with a Dalek ( fleetairarm.com).
2. Piping Live! takes over Glasgow from tomorrow, with a programme of events culminating in the World Pipe Band Championships on Saturday ( seeglasgow.com/piping).
3. Kids who fancy themselves as nature detectives should head to Mount Stewart House, Garden & Temple of the Winds in County Down on Saturday for one of its Beetles, Butterflies and Bamboos wildlife walks ( nationaltrust.org.uk).
4. Burghley House in Lincolnshire hosts its Family Carnival on Saturday in the beautiful surroundings of its Historical Garden of Surprises ( burghley.co.uk).
5. The skies above Eastbourne will be alive with aerobatics from Thursday until Sunday, when Airbourne, the biggest seafront airshow in Europe, puts on displays from the Red Arrows and freefall parachutists ( eastbourneairshow.com).
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 4 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
£24,000 pa, plus benefits: SFL Group: Looking for a hard-working and self-moti...
£16000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This rapidly expanding travel c...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have a strong record of ...
£24000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have demonstrable unde...