Around The UK
1. Exterminate! Twelve Daleks will invade the Fleet Air Arm Museum in Somerset today, between 10am and 5.30pm, led by the Black Dalek and flanked by Cybermen and Ice Warriors. Children are encouraged to come in fancy dress for An Audience with a Dalek ( fleetairarm.com).
2. Piping Live! takes over Glasgow from tomorrow, with a programme of events culminating in the World Pipe Band Championships on Saturday ( seeglasgow.com/piping).
3. Kids who fancy themselves as nature detectives should head to Mount Stewart House, Garden & Temple of the Winds in County Down on Saturday for one of its Beetles, Butterflies and Bamboos wildlife walks ( nationaltrust.org.uk).
4. Burghley House in Lincolnshire hosts its Family Carnival on Saturday in the beautiful surroundings of its Historical Garden of Surprises ( burghley.co.uk).
5. The skies above Eastbourne will be alive with aerobatics from Thursday until Sunday, when Airbourne, the biggest seafront airshow in Europe, puts on displays from the Red Arrows and freefall parachutists ( eastbourneairshow.com).
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.