The 50 best summer walks
From a leisurely stroll to a cosy country pub to a hard day's hike up hill and down dale, Lucy Gillmore gives her top rambling recommendations
Saturday 30 July 2011
This week's panel:
David Else is the author of Lonely Planet’s ‘Walking in Britain’ ( www.lonelyplanet.com);
Jo Tinsley is features editor of ‘Countryfile’ magazine ( www.countryfile.com);
Tom Franklin is the chief executive of the Ramblers Association ( www.ramblers.org.uk);
Lou Johnson is the editor and founder of the website Walking Britain ( www.walkingbritain.co.uk)
Leave your comments and suggestions below
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 3 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing fitness cha...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£23K: Guru Careers: We're seeking an experienced Membership Administrator, to ...
£32K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Dining Room Head Chef to work for one of ...