The 50 best winter walks
From tough treks along wild Scottish trails, to relaxing strolls down the lanes and meadows
of the Home Counties, Lucy Gillmore presents the experts’ rambling recommendations
Saturday 26 December 2009
This week's panel
Jenny Walters is features editor for ‘Country Walking’ (www.livefortheoutdoors. com);
Richard Roweis the editor of ‘Scotland Outdoors’ (www.scotoutdoors. com);
David Else is the author of Lonely Planet’s ‘Walking in Britain’;
Tom Franklin is the chief executive of the Ramblers Association, whose Festival of Winter Walks runs from Boxing Day to 3 January. www.ramblers.org.uk/winterwalks
Leave your comments and suggestion below
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 - £18000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a high-end niche t...
£20000 - £40000 per annum + Award-Winning Benefits: Flight Centre Business Tra...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...