The 50 best winter walks
From tough treks along wild Scottish trails, to relaxing strolls down the lanes and meadows
of the Home Counties, Lucy Gillmore presents the experts’ rambling recommendations
Saturday 26 December 2009
This week's panel
Jenny Walters is features editor for ‘Country Walking’ (www.livefortheoutdoors. com);
Richard Roweis the editor of ‘Scotland Outdoors’ (www.scotoutdoors. com);
David Else is the author of Lonely Planet’s ‘Walking in Britain’;
Tom Franklin is the chief executive of the Ramblers Association, whose Festival of Winter Walks runs from Boxing Day to 3 January. www.ramblers.org.uk/winterwalks
Leave your comments and suggestion below
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Data Management & ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Kaya Responsible Travel offer a variety of sp...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Increases in tourism, the introduction of new...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Volunteer with Kaya in Borneo and work on a p...