Win an epicurean two-night spa break in a luxury York country house hotel worth nearly £800
Monday 25 March 2013
Middlethorpe Hall and Spa is a York institution: a gorgeous red-brick William and Mary country house, built in 1699 and lovingly refurbished into a sumptuous, historic hotel.
Owned and operated by the National Trust, the hotel sits in 20 acres of beautifully maintained gardens and parkland. It's decorated in the 18th Century style, and boasts a rather indulgent private spa.
The Independent has teamed up with Visit York to offer one lucky reader and a friend the chance to experience these comforts for themselves. For your chance to win, enter your details below.
The prize package is worth £780, and includes the following:
- A bottle of house champagne to welcome the guests upon arrival;
- A two-night stay in a superior double/twin-bed room located in the C18th courtyard;
- Early morning tea delivered to the room each morning;
- Full Yorkshire breakfast in the dining room each morning;
- Three-course candlelit dinner in the award-winning restaurant on one night;
- Two 25-minute Decléor treatments in the spa;
- Use of the spa facilities;
- Travel via train to York and back courtesy of East Coast
Terms and conditions
- This competition closes on 19 April 2013.
- There is one prize which consists of a two-night stay for two adults in a superior room at Middlethorpe Hall.
- The prize includes a bottle of house champagne, breakfast for two both mornings, a three-course meal for two one night and does not include any other drinks.
- One entry per person.
- The winner will be the first entry selected at random after the closing date and will be contacted by 26 April 2013.
- The prize is valid on stays between April 2013 and 30 November 2013, and is subject to availability, Sunday to Friday.
- Blackout may apply on York race days.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The Independent's usual competition rules apply.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Reader dilemma: 'My boyfriend jokes about putting photos of us having sex on Facebook'
- 2 Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta clashes with President Obama on LGBT equality: ‘Gay rights is really a non-issue’
- 3 37-year-old black woman found dead in police custody
- 4 Kanye West praises Caitlyn Jenner on I Am Cait: 'You couldn't have been up against more'
- 5 Five-year-old boy forced classmate to simulate oral sex at primary school, claims mother
The 9 charts that show the 'left-wing' policies of Jeremy Corbyn the public actually agrees with
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
What the Labour party could look like under Jeremy Corbyn
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
£12500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Drivers wanted for a family run...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful leisure company is seek...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: The positions above are available either part ...
£25K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Fitness Centre Supervisor / Duty Manager ...