Win an adventure in Africa
Saturday 18 May 1996
The trips will take place in the autumn, although winners will be able to choose departure dates.
How to enter
Answer these questions...
1. Before independence, what were Botswana and Zimbabwe known as?
2. How many STA Travel branches are there in the UK?
a) one; b) three; c) 30
3. Kumuka is a Bantu word meaning
a) comfort ; b) the beginning; c) highway
4. When The Independent last wrote about travel in Zimbabwe, in January this year, which animal was not spotted at Hwange National Park?
a) lion ; b) elephant ; c) hamster
5. Victoria Falls is home to the highest bungee in the world. How high is it?
a) 22m; b) 66m; c) 111m
The decider: we want the most inventive excuse for refusing to bungee- jump over Victoria Falls.
Ten runners-up will receive a jumbo jamboree bag of African ephemera, compiled for the competition.
Send your answers to Africa Competition, Marketing Department, STA Travel, Priory House, 6 Wright's Lane, London W8 6TA. STA Travel and Kumuka Expeditions may keep your address to bring you details of other offers, unless you mark your entry "Do not list"; this will, of course, have no effect on your chances of winning. The closing date is 31 May.
The normal age range for this Kumuka Safari is 18 to 40 years, but the upper limit has been waived for the winners of this competition.
Usual Newspaper Publishing plc rules apply. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative can be offered. The holiday must be taken departing the UK in the autumn.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin file for divorce after 10 years of marriage
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 4 Bookies now say Ed Miliband is more likely to be prime minister than David Cameron
It's Italian, but it's definitely not Italy: Stephen Wood visits Lampedusa, an island beyond the map's edge, where North Africa meets Rome and even the sharks are poets
Plane forced to make emergency landing in Israel after 'part of wheel falls off'
Cycling in America: A revolution on two wheels
Astypalea, Greece: An isolated spot a world away from Athens
The 10 Best lightweight luggage
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Katie Hopkins on LBC: Listen to caller taking The Sun columnist to task over migrant comments
£21K: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Front of House Receptionist to provide th...
£24000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With offices in Manchester, Lon...
Competitive (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a number of Marketi...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This well established business ...