Win an adventure in Africa
Saturday 18 May 1996
The trips will take place in the autumn, although winners will be able to choose departure dates.
How to enter
Answer these questions...
1. Before independence, what were Botswana and Zimbabwe known as?
2. How many STA Travel branches are there in the UK?
a) one; b) three; c) 30
3. Kumuka is a Bantu word meaning
a) comfort ; b) the beginning; c) highway
4. When The Independent last wrote about travel in Zimbabwe, in January this year, which animal was not spotted at Hwange National Park?
a) lion ; b) elephant ; c) hamster
5. Victoria Falls is home to the highest bungee in the world. How high is it?
a) 22m; b) 66m; c) 111m
The decider: we want the most inventive excuse for refusing to bungee- jump over Victoria Falls.
Ten runners-up will receive a jumbo jamboree bag of African ephemera, compiled for the competition.
Send your answers to Africa Competition, Marketing Department, STA Travel, Priory House, 6 Wright's Lane, London W8 6TA. STA Travel and Kumuka Expeditions may keep your address to bring you details of other offers, unless you mark your entry "Do not list"; this will, of course, have no effect on your chances of winning. The closing date is 31 May.
The normal age range for this Kumuka Safari is 18 to 40 years, but the upper limit has been waived for the winners of this competition.
Usual Newspaper Publishing plc rules apply. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative can be offered. The holiday must be taken departing the UK in the autumn.
The Independent travel offers: Discover a world of inspiring destinations
- 1 Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Saneie Masilela, 9, marries Helen Shabangu, 53 years his senior, for the second time
- 4 Laurie Penny: Feminist author subjected to 'vile sexist and anti-Semitic abuse' over her book
- 5 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash analysis: A tragic lesson of advanced weapons in the wrong hands
- < Previous
- Next >
Unpaid voluntary role: Old Royal Naval College: To assist the Visitor Experien...
£45-£55k OTE £75k : Charter Selection: Major London International Fashion and ...
£17K OTE £30K: Charter Selection: Highly successful and innovative specialist...
£70000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: HR Director EME - Northampton / No...