1. Helpful Waitress Asks Recently Seated Couple If They’ve Eaten Food Before. The Onion.
2. Opinion polls in 16 Scottish constituencies published by Michael Ashcroft today. Of the 14 Labour seats (in which the Yes vote did well in the referendum), Labour would lose all but Willie Bain’s Glasgow North East. It is hard to extrapolate from this sample but it is in line with all-Scotland polls suggesting the SNP would more or less sweep the board. Not good for Ed Miliband.
David Mills added Quandre Diggs.
4. Quotation of the Day from Norman Baker, the Liberal Democrat MP, speaking on BBC Daily Politics about Prince Charles: “I agree with what he says, but I disagree with his right to say it.”
James Hanning and I wrote for The Independent on Sunday about Charles’s restless activism and the constitutional headaches it was causing.
5. Most grateful to General Boles for putting my comment about the Charlatans’ new album, which is indeed superb, on a poster for them:
6. And finally, thanks to Dave Gorman for this:
“Who’s my second favourite Knowles sister? And what do I need to buy for the aquarium? Easy. Solange. And tanks for all the fish.”Reuse content