New research from Beevolve into how, why, when and who uses Twitter reveals some rather interesting insights into the social networking site.
They claim to have crunched data from 36 million Twitter profiles, and found the following facts:
- Women tweet more than men
- Women tweet about more family and fashion
- Men tweet about more tech and sports
- 25 per cent of Twitter users have never tweeted
- The average number of followers is 208
- 81 per cent of users have fewer than 50 followers
- 6 out of 100 twitter users have no followers
You can view the full data here.