Ever dropped your phone and been tempted to tell your insurance company a crocodile stole it?
The team at www.mobileinsurance.co.uk filtered through their insurance claims to reveal the 10 weirdest claims from the past year.
1. A farmer in Devon claimed his phone disappeared inside the back end of one of his cows when he’d been using the torch on his iPhone whilst assisting the cow during calving. The phone later made an appearance, but was damaged, unsurprisingly.
2. A lady in her early 40s from Nottingham claimed that she’d baked her Nokia 6303i into a Victoria Sponge. Gas mark 5 was too much for the poor thing apparently - did make a deliciously crunchy cake though.
3. A lady in her 30s said she’d been walking her Cocker Spaniel on Barry Island beach, Wales, when a seagull swooped down and took her Samsung Galaxy from her hand. It distracted her by saying "What's occurring?"
4. A woman in her late 20s from Bristol admitted the vibration function on her BlackBerry Bold 9900 phone had stopped working whilst she was using it as an adult toy. Yep, she admitted that.
5. A 40 year old construction worker said his iPhone 4S had fallen out of his back pocket when he pulled his jeans down to sit on the toilet. Not realising, he went about his business and flushed the chain. The phone didn’t flush, so he had to fish it out.
6. A man in his 30s claimed he’d been filming monkeys from the car window in Longleat Safari Park with his HTC One X when a monkey climbed on the roof and snatched it.
7. A couple re-enacting the “I'm King of the World!” scene from Titanic lost their phone over the side of their cruise ship. A classic.
8. A pyrotechnician was setting up a show for the National Fireworks Championships, and left his iPhone 3GS within the “blast zone”. It was then fired 3,000 feet into the air before exploding in a stunning display. Everyone was in awe.
9. Rather than paying £60 for a ticket to see Blur at their sell-out Hyde Park shows, one customer tried to film the event on his iPhone from up a nearby tree - he got a little too excited as the band came on stage though, and dropped his phone.
10. A lady in her 20s from Liverpool admitted she’d thrown her HTC Desire X at her boyfriend, whom she’d discovered was cheating, but it missed him and hit a wall; breaking the handset. Damn her aim.