Heads up: Top comment and controversy
Twitter shares jump to $45: who are the most popular users?
07 November 2013 04:35 PM
Shares in Twitter opened at $45.10 each in the first few minutes of trading on the New York Stock Exchange today.
The company is now valued at a whopping $31b.
It has more than 230 million users, but which of the Twitterati help make it so valuable? Who are the top tw*ts?
Here are the top 10 most followed people on Twitter, each with an example of wisdom they've got to offer.
1. Katy Perry 46,764,995 followers
Concerning the gossip, I want to be clear that NO ONE speaks for me. Not a blog, magazine, "close sources" or my family.Katy Perry (@katyperry) January 8, 2012
2. Justin Bieber, 46,645,477 followers
I'M SEXY AND I KNOW ITJustin Bieber (@justinbieber) November 21, 2011
3. Lady Gaga, 40,433,103 followers
4. Barack Obama, 39,458,422 followers
Four more years. pic.twitter.com/bAJE6VomBarack Obama (@BarackObama) November 7, 2012
5. Taylor Swift, 36,412,762 followers
Back in the studio. Uh oh...Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) January 10, 2013
6. Britney Spears, 33,879,324 followers
Halloween, bitches! pic.twitter.com/dKHT1awXibBritney Spears (@britneyspears) November 1, 2013
7. Rihanna, 32,566752 followers
Either I was phuck wasted lastnight, or I saw a Thai woman pull a live bird,2 turtles,razors,shoot darts and ping pong, all out of her pu$$yRihanna (@rihanna) September 21, 2013
8. Justin Timberlake, 28,156,089
9. Jennifer Lopez, 25,291,537
10. Ellen DeGeneres, 23,446,992
It’s my birthday tomorrow! All I want for my birthday is world peace, and a lock of @JustinBieber ’s hair.Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) January 25, 2011