Letter: How cyclists can help to fill in the potholes

Click to follow
The Independent Online
Sir: My 49cc scooter is classified on my provisional driving licence as a 'bicycle'. If this is the case, then other bicycles (of whatever sort) can be treated in a similar way by DVLC (Letters; 'Protection from lawless cyclists', 5 April).

My annual fee is modest, and a reminder is sent which, I assume, does not leave the DVLC out of pocket.

Serious road-users would not, surely, balk at such a fee (as long as it was used to fill up the multitude of holes on the roads that the pavement cyclists are obviously trying to avoid).

Yours faithfully,


London, E17

6 April