1. Cherie Booth is to play a starring part on Chinese television. What's it all in aid of?
2. Donk is a lucky creature. Who was his saviour and from where did she rescue him?
3. What is Britishness? Who is asking this, and why?
4. HD187123 - the name of what, discovered by whom last week?
5. US Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright, could find herself with a new job on her hands. Who has recommended her, and for what?
6. Who declared himself "interested in the principle" of a topless Gladiators programme last week?
7. Twenty Mars bars, three large boxes of cornflakes, a dozen beers and 24 vacuum-packed toilet rolls: some of the supplies for a four-month adventure where, and undertaken by whom?
8. Why is the Pope planning to ask for pardon in the year 2000?
9. Shopping in Marks & Spencer, listening to karaoke and riding on a commuter train: all done for the first time this week by which VIP?
10. Known hitherto as a "bear of very little brain", Winnie-the-Pooh surprised critics this week with which revealed act of bravery?
Answers at foot of page