Coldplay will not headline Glastonbury this year, festival organiser Emily Eavis has confirmed.
The daughter of Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis said no-one had guessed the other two headline acts this year after the Foo Fighters confirmed their appearance last month.
Coldplay were among the bookies’ favourites to take a headline slot, but in an interview with efestivals.co.uk, Eavis said: “It’s not Coldplay, this is the first year that most of the rumours are wrong. Normally, there’s someone in there who’s right, this has been our best year for secrets.
“Once we got Foos out the way, the rest are secret.”
The Foo Fighters confirmed they would be headlining Glastonbury two weeks ago. Dave Grohl told NME last year that the band were “overdue” a slot at the festival after last performing there in 1998.
Eavis also hinted that Florence Welch could join the line-up, but said she would not be headlining.
“Florence started on the smaller stage, and now she’s worthy of the headliner slot. I think she’s great, I can’t give anything away. She’s not going to be headlining, but she could be.”
Lionel Richie was also confirmed to play Glastonbury’s Pyramid Stage at the festival last year in the Sunday teatime slot.
Eavis confirmed the full line-up will be announced later in the spring.
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies