Firefighters have offered to give Coldplay star Chris Martin free safety lessons after his culinary disasters.
In an edition of Channel 4 show Jamie and Jimmy's Food Fight Club screened tonight, Martin's wife, Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow, told how his bungled efforts to cook had twice resulted in 999 calls.
Now, London Fire Brigade is offering the chart star a home visit to talk to him and his family about about how they can avoid kitchen blazes - the most common cause of domestic fires in the city.
The Brigade said it targets its home safety visits to people and places where there is a higher risk of fire, but it is also concerned about young professionals.
In the programme, hosted by Jamie Oliver and Jimmy Doherty, Paltrow said: "He has twice cooked a meal and this is not a joke, both times the fire brigade came. I swear on my life - both times."
London Fire Brigade's head of operations, prevention and response Dave Brown said: "People often think that fires only happen to vulnerable people but young professionals have a quarter of all house fires in London.
"Chris will know that fires can develop almost at the Speed of Sound so it's important that when they're cooking, people don't have A Rush of Blood to the Head and leave their cooking unattended causing a lot of Trouble.
"Three out of five house fires start in the kitchen so at this time of year with the family coming round from Christmas dinner it is important to follow our advice."
Kitchen fires in London caused more than 2,500 injuries and 21 deaths on average each year.
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies