Game of Thrones season 6: HBO confirms Neil Nitin Mukesh not offered role

Mukesh said that stunt director Greg Powell had been impressed with his sword fighting skills and given him a part

Jess Denham
Monday 09 November 2015 09:48
comments
Neil Nitin Mukesh impressed the Game of Thrones stunt director with his sword fighting skills
Neil Nitin Mukesh impressed the Game of Thrones stunt director with his sword fighting skills

Bollywood actor Neil Nitin Mukesh hit headlines last week after claiming to have been the first Indian star cast in Game of Thrones.

Sadly it turns out that network HBO has not offered him a role as “a royal” after all, despite Mukesh telling leading daily newspaper the Mumbai Mirror that the show’s stunt director Greg Powell had been impressed with his sword fighting skills.

Mukesh, known for family drama Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, allegedly told reporters: “Greg has directed two sword fighting sequences in PRDP for which I had to train for over a month in order to get the stance and wrist movements right.

“He seemed pretty impressed with all the hard work I put in and made the offer when we were shooting for the climax scene a few months ago.”

He even said that he would be happy to go nude for the fantasy series, making all this just that bit more embarrassing.

Mukesh later added a caveat to his comments, saying: “Nothing is confirmed so far. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed. Game of Thrones is one of my favourite series.”

George RR Martin, who wrote the A Song of Ice and Fire book series on which Thrones is based, is known for mercilessly killing off his characters. But Mukesh being axed before being given a part? That just takes cruel to another level.

Game of Thrones is expected to return for season six in late spring next year.

Join our new commenting forum

Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies

View comments