1. Bugaboo Wool Blanket: £89.95, johnlewis.com
The Dutch pram company has made itself — with good reason — beloved of parents around the world. Their Merino Woolmark blankets are snug, cosy and easy to clean. Perfect for a frosty new year.
2. Fisher-Price Rock-a-Stack: £6.54, amazon.co.uk
Colourful, learning tool for kids from six months. The five rings teach babies hand-eye co-ordination and the concept of size. They also rattle and the base rocks back and forth, too.
3. Baby Mouse Nightlight: £29, vertbaudet.co.uk
Plonk this little creature next to your baby as they sleep for a reassuring warm, red glow.
4. Donna Wilson Knitted Blanket: £39.95, mamasandpapas.com
The Scottish textile designer has added a few creature comforts to this snuggly pram blanket.
5. Patternology Lion Passport Holder: £6.95, mamasandpapas.com
You’ve got no excuse to forget the little one’s passport with this cute, brightly coloured faux leather wallet.
6. Circular Photo Holder: £19.60, vertbaudet.co.uk
A fun, colourful way to quickly pop family pics up on the wall without frames or Blu-Tac.
7. Once There Was a Boy Boxed Set by Oliver Jeffers: £9.59, amazon.co.uk
Jeffers’ beautifully drawn and written stories of an adventurous boy are the perfect precursor to an adventurous night’s dreaming.
8. Janod Iwood Alphabet Shape Sorter: £25.10, amazon.co.uk
A classic, educational wooden toy from the French company. Kids can use it to get used to letters, bored adults to spell out rude words.
9. Baby Warm Tan Suede Pram Shoes: £18, clarks.co.uk
These super-cute booties are a fun winter indulgence for keeping tiny toes warm during cold winter walks in the pram.
10. Musical Star: £33, piccoliandco.com
Piccoli & Co hand-make ‘baby heirlooms’ — fine gifts for newborns. This cute star hangs above a snoozing bairn and plays a lullaby version of Imagine.
IndyBest product reviews are unbiased, independent advice you can trust. On some occasions, we earn revenue if you click the links and buy the products, but we never allow this to bias our coverage. The reviews are compiled through a mix of expert opinion and real-world testing.