1. Who described the new HMS Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier (above) as “merely a large, convenient naval target”?
2. “Hail, festal day, venerable of all ages.” Which Tory, and why?
3. “I don’t believe gay sex is a sin.” Which politician, finally?
4. Why did Sean Lennon say, “It may have been the happiest day of mine and my mother’s life”?
5. “Is there any one of the royal family who wants to be king or queen? I don’t think so.” Which royal?
6. “Now where did I put my tin helmet?” asked Gary Lineker. Why?
7. “I haven’t worn heels or a dress since the 1970s. My mother will die happy to see me in a dress and glitter.” Who was looking forward to appearing on Strictly Come Dancing?
8. “I won’t rest until Theresa May is chopped up in bags in my freezer.” The reported words of which of the Prime Minister’s former cabinet colleagues?
9. Who said, “I’m the first lady, OK?”
10. “Quite how I have been so verbose about the most boring person I’ve ever written about eludes me.” Who was Andrew Lloyd Webber talking about?
Tap here for answers
1 The Russian defence ministry; 2 Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg greets the triggering of Article 50; 3 After growing pressure to make his views known, the then Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron came clean; 4 It had been announced that his mother, Yoko Ono, is to be given a joint writing credit on his father John's song “Imagine”; 5 Prince Harry; 6 The BBC revealed that it paid the Match of the Day presenter between £1,750,000 and £1,799,999 a year; 7 The comedian Susan Calman; 8 George Osborne, former Chancellor; 9 Ivana Trump, Donald Trump’s first wife; 10 Himself, ahead of the publication of his autobiography
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies