1. Who recently turned 19 and tweeted, 'Worst birthday ever'?
2. In order to write fiction, said Virginia Woolf, one must have money and… what?
3. The Vogalonga is an annual rowing race that takes place in which European city?
4. Which tennis player, b1952, holds the record for the most tournament victories (109) on the men's professional circuit?
5. Who was the last British PM born in the 19th century?
6. The Monkees; Hubert Selby Jr; James Fenimore Cooper; Leonardo da Vinci. What's the connection?
7. The Anvil Chorus comes from an opera by whom?
8. Which scientist (1642-1727) declared that "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants"?
9. Begbie, Sick Boy, Spud and Renton are all characters in which 1993 novel (and 1996 film)?
10. During the Second World War, what was the women's branch of the British army called?
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies