1. In March, who said: “If I fall over during my speech someone should pick me up because I’ve got some things to say.”
2. “How did Doncaster get on today?” Who asked this in May?
3. “What’s that?” Who said it in June, when asked what she thought of Brexit?
4. Who in August declared that “truth isn’t truth”?
5. “That institution is of no use. It’s an organisation of communists.” Who said it in August, and what was he talking about?
6. “I have a daughter and I stand what’s right for her [sic].” Who said it in September?
7. In October, who tweeted: “This is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian’s journey,” and what was she talking about?
8. “Muslim brotherhood and planet of the apes had a baby”. Who tweeted this about whom?
9. Who declared on Instagram in October: “She’s back! #takenoutthetrash #andtookthecat”?
10. “I’m an environmentalist. I want crystal-clean water. I want crystal-clean air. That’s what we want.”
Tap here for answers
1. Frances McDormand at the Oscars ceremony.
2. They were the first words spoken by Sir Alex Ferguson after coming round for an operation following the stroke he had suffered. His son Darren was the Doncaster manager; they had lost 1-0 to Wigan.
3. Hayley Hughes, on Love Island.
4. Donald Trump’s adviser Rudy Giuliani, with regard to the Mueller investigation.
5. Jair Bolsonaro, the then Brazilian presidential candidate; he was referring to the UN.
6. Serena Williams, during an on-court meltdown during her US Open final defeat to Naomi Osaka.
7. Sinead O’Connor, who announced that she had converted to Islam and would now be known as Shuhada’ Davitt.
8. Roseanne Barr, about Barack Obama’s adviser, Valerie Jarrett. As a result, ABC cancelled Barr’s eponymous sitcom.
9. The actress Rebecca Humphries, ex-girlfriend of the comedian Seann Walsh, who had been photographed kissing his Strictly Come Dancing partner Katya Jones.
10. Donald Trump, in a speech in Las Vegas in September.
Hide the answers
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies