Guacamole is fast becoming a religion. Hell, even the President of the United States of America recently declared himself "fanatical" about it.
Chipotle, the Mexican chain known for its idiosyncratic chunky guac, recently shared its previously secret recipe for the dip, which you can find below along with a handy GIF of the method.
What you’ll need:
• 2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
• 2 tsp lime juice
• 2 tbsp cilantro/coriander (chopped)
• 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
• 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
• 1/4 tsp kosher salt
How to make it:
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
With 1,800 restaurants in the US, Chipotle is slowly biting into the UK, this week opening its seventh London restaurant at London Wall in The City.
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies