Here are the latest developments:
- 'It cannot be business as usual,' Sturgeon tells Cameron
- Alex Salmond claims Tories could lose majority 'within months'
- Voters considering fleeing to Scotland, Brighton or abroad
- Women are now leading every major political party, except Tories
- Left and right small parties unite in call for fairer voting system
- Tories able to push radical agenda without the Lib Dems
- Nick Clegg: 'Liberalism is not faring well against the politics of fear'
- Nigel Farage does not rule out running as Ukip leader again
- Labour hastily search for new leader after Ed Miliband steps down
Please allow a moment for the live blog to load
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies