Man accidentally sets fire to shed while trying to kill bees

The man was using a mixture of fuel and oil to try and rid the insects from his property

Alexandra Sims
Tuesday 26 April 2016 15:59
comments
Firefighers attend the blaze in Montville, Connecticut
Firefighers attend the blaze in Montville, Connecticut

A man’s attempt at pest control descended into disaster after he accidentally set fire to his shed while trying to get rid of bees.

The man, from Montville, Connecticut, used a mixture of fuel and oil to purge the insects from his property, but after deciding to set the concoction on fire, flames rapidly spread to his shed.

Firefighters from three districts, Mohegan, Montville and Oakdale, were called to the incident at 3:31pm on Sunday.

Montville Fire Marshall, Roy Shafer, told the Norwich Bulletin the blaze completely destroyed the shed, however the flames were prevented from spreading to the man’s home, which stood just 50m away.

The fire was put out within minutes and no injuries have been reported.

Join our new commenting forum

Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies

View comments