It's squeaky bum time for...
Mancini's Man City
Having seen a five-point lead over Manchester United evaporate, Roberto Mancini's men face could travel to Sunderland tomorrow three points behind Sir Alex Ferguson's side.
The City manager will be keen to erase memories of last year's match on Wearside, which they lost 1-0 after wasting a host of chances. City have taken just two points from their last three away matches and if the multi-million-pound squad fails to fire again, their championship credentials will come under increasing scrutiny. The Italian will hope to avoid a new year's hangover and put the pressure back on the red half of Manchester.
Stories you might have missed
Yachts' armed protection
Five yachts competing in the Volvo Ocean Race have been hoisted from the water onto an armed ship in a bid to protect them from pirates in the Indian Ocean. The 15-tonne boats, which have been placed into specially designed cradles, will be set down off the coast of the UAE before making a sprint for the finish of the second leg in Abu Dhabi.
Have you been paying attention?
1. Which team could become the first Premier League side to concede 1,000 goals this afternoon?
2. Who upset Phil Taylor in the second round of the PDC World Championship?
3. Which former Hull and Great Britain rugby league player received a three-year ban for failing a drug test?
4. Which 21-year-old Test cricketer took seven wickets on debut in Durban?
5. Which jockey rode Kauto Star to his fifth King George VI crown?
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies