After a brief respite, Wimbledon returns on Monday for the busiest day of The Championships.
Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal are both in action on Centre Court, while Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic will grace Court No 1. Wimbledon’s second largest court also plays host to the biggest match of the day – Simona Halep’s clash with US rising star Cori Gauff.
There are also a number of intriguing matches getting underway at the early time of 11am. World No 1 Ashleigh Barty takes on Alison Riske, while Elina Svitolina will attempt to reach the final eight at SW19 for the first time in her career when she plays Petra Martic.
Find the full order of play for Monday 8 July below.
Order of play:
Centre Court (1pm start)
Joao Sousa (POR) v (3) Rafael Nadal (SPA)
(19) Johanna Konta (GBR) v (6) Petra Kvitova (CZE)
(17) Matteo Berretti (ITA) v (2) Roger Federer (SWI)
Court 1 (1pm start)
(11) Serena Williams (USA) v (30) Carla Suarez Navarro (SPA)
(7) Simona Halep (ROM) v Cori Gauff (USA)
(1) Novak Djokovic (SER) v Ugo Humbert (FRA)
Court 2 (11am start)
(1) Ashleigh Barty (AUS) v Alison Riske (USA)
Karolina Muchova (CZE) v (3) Karolina Pliskova (CZE)
(8) Kei Nishikori (JPN) v Mikhail Kukushkin (KAZ)
Court 3 (11am start)
(8) Elina Svitolina (UKR) v (24) Petra Martic (CRO)
(21) David Goffin (BEL) v Fernando Verdasco (SPA)
(26) Guido Pella (ARG) v (15) Milos Raonic (CAN)
Court 12 (11am start)
Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (CZE) v (21) Elise Mertens (BEL)
Sam Querrey (USA) v Tennys Sandgren (USA)
(8) Henri Kontinen (FIN) & John Peers (AUS) v (12) Rajeev Ram (USA) & Joe Salisbury (GBR)
Jamie Murray (GBR) & Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA) v (3) Ante Pavic (CRO) & Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN)
Court 18 (11am start)
Shuai Zhang (CHN) v Dayana Yastremska (UKR)
(23) Roberto Bautista Agut (SPA) v (28) Benoit Paire (FRA)
(11) Nicolas Mahut (FRA) & Edouard Roger-Vasselin (FRA) v (7) Bob Bryan (USA) & Mike Bryan (USA)
(12) Franko Skugor (CRO) & Raluca Olaru (ROM) v Frances Tiafoe (USA) & Venus Williams (USA)
Please allow a moment for the live blog to load
Good morning and welcome to our live coverage of another day's play at Wimbledon 2019.
As Wimbledon enters its second week, age is all the rage. Roger Federer (at 37 years and 340 days) and Rafael Nadal (at 33 years and 41 days) are both aiming to become the first man to win five Grand Slam titles after turning 30, while Serena Williams (at 37 years and 290 days) will be hoping to become the oldest women’s Grand Slam singles finalist in the Open era.
At the other end of the scale, the remarkable Coco Gauff, who turned 15 only four months ago, is already the youngest player to have come through the Wimbledon qualifying tournament and the youngest to reach the second week here since Jennifer Capriati in 1990.
If she wins her next four matches, starting against Simona Halep in the fourth round on Monday, Gauff would become the youngest champion of a senior event in 142 years of Wimbledon history. The record is held by Lottie Dod, who in 1887 needed to win only three matches to claim the women's singles at 15 years and 285 days.
Every player still in the singles draw plays on the second Monday, hence the phrase 'Manic Monday'!
And here is today's full order of play:
FIRST BATCH OF MATCHES (singles):
Court 2 - Ashleigh Barty (1) vs Alison Riske
Court 3 - Elina Svitolna (8) vs Petra Martic (24)
Court 12 - Barbora Strycova vs Elise Mertens (21)
Court 18 - Shuai Zheng vs Dayana Yastremska
Barty 2-1 Riske*
We'll be keeping you up to date with the progress of world number one Ash Barty out on Court No 2. She plays unseeded American Alison Riske, who with her flat style of play is a tough opponent on grass.
It's with serve so far, though Barty did just escape from a game which was at deuce.
Meanwhile, this is promising signs for the future...
Barty 4-1 Riske*
The Australian breaks to 30, and then holds comfortably to love.
World number one Barty has the early break...
Ash Barty's first game...
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies