I am away this week, so I leave you with a round-up of recent childish, silly and occasionally slightly amusing uses of the popular micro-blogging website.
1. There’s a special place in Hell for people who pay for Hell Premium™. Joerobinow
2. I went to the barbers yesterday for some highlights… he just showed me a video of his favourite haircuts. Neil
3. “The Clintons bumped into the Queen at the Guggenheim museum in Spain.”
“No, he panicked and curtsied.” Moose Allain
4. Me: I’ll see you in a month.
Wife: Don’t forget to write.
Me: It’s highly unlikely I’d forget such a basic skill, Sharon. Marty Lawrence
5. Uninspired Yorkshire artists have periods of draw-nowt suffering. Tom Freeman
6. To join Poets’ Mensa you need a very good haiku. Moose Allain
7. I don’t like The Pobble Who Has No Toes, because I’m lack-toes intolerant. Tom Hamilton’s wife
8. Goofy and I came second to Scooby Doo and Friends in a cartoon singing contest yesterday. We’d have won it if it wasn’t for those medleying kids. Glenny Rodge
9. All mushrooms are edible, but some only once. Croatian proverb, via Mary Novakovich
10. Tortoise: Beer?
Turtle: Just tea, thanks.
Turtle: No, tea please.
Turtle: Yes I’m [turns to camera] Tea Turtle. Moose Allain
Next week: punk Songs, because punk is 40 years old this year
Coming soon: phrases from adverts, such as “always the bridesmaid, never the bride”, from a Listerine advert in 1925
Listellany: A Miscellany of Very British Top Tens, From Politics to Pop, is available as an e-book for £3.79. Your suggestions, and ideas for future Top 10s, in the comments please, or to me on Twitter, or by email to email@example.com
Join our new commenting forum
Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies