New James Bond novel from William Boyd goes on sale in September
Tuesday 19 February 2013
A new James Bond novel, written by the award-winning author William Boyd, will be published in September. Bond creator Ian Fleming's estate confirmed the date of 26 September yesterday, but is keeping the title and plot of the spy's latest adventures a secret.
It did reveal, however, that Boyd will be taking Bond back to his heyday of 1969, when he is 45 years old, to mark the 60th anniversary of the publication of Fleming's first 007 escapade, Casino Royale.
Six decades later Bond is still as popular as ever, with the latest movie, Skyfall, starring Daniel Craig, becoming the first film to take more than £100m at the UK box office.
Fleming died in 1964 but his estate has kept the adventures coming – and book sales at more than 100 million – by hiring literary stars such as Sebastian Faulks and US thriller writer Jeffery Deaver. Boyd said it was a "once in a lifetime challenge".
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >