Opera festival of the week: Tête à Tête: The Opera Festival, Riverside Studios, London W6
Friday 26 July 2013
Tête à Tête's festival of new opera and opera-in-the-making hosts more than 30 world premieres this year, jam-packed into three long weekends.
Opening offerings include Ergo Phizmiz's puppet opera about Salvador Dalí's wife, Gala; Erick Flores and Afsaneh Gray's exploration of public reactions to reality TV star Jade Goody's death in and the Crowd (wept); and mezzo-soprano Lore Lixenberg's The End of Civilisation As We Know It.
Later offerings include Arnie Gieshoff's Viagron, a sexually explicit take on Petronius's The Satyricon, and tango king Astor Piazzolla's only opera, Maria de Buenos Aires.
(020 8237 1111; riversidestudios.co.uk) Thursday to 18 August
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Arts & Ents blogs
YouTube star Rebecca Black is back with Saturday (it's a sequel to Friday, see?)
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >